Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Health Tips For Busy People

It is very difficult to stay healthy when you have a busy lifestyle. Like myself, I am a full-time college student and I work about 4 days a week. This gives me absolutely no free time on how to stay as healthy as I would like to be. I try to follow all of these tips all year round to live the healthiest lifestyle I can:

1. Drink lots of water! I drink 8 glasses a day and I have been for years. It's very essential to your health.

2. Add some physical activity to your life! I exercise at home because I don't have time to go to a gym. I try to exercise 30-60 minutes 3-4 times a week. Even if you exercise for only 10 minutes a day, it's better than nothing. Also, try taking the stairs instead of the elevator or parking your car farther away so you can do a little bit more walking than usual. Every little bit helps!

3. Make smart fast food choices! Since I am always so busy and don't have time to prepare a meal at home, I have to sometimes eat at fast food restaurants. But I make smart decisions! Here are some examples:

- Order a side salad instead of french fries.
- Choose grilled chicken instead of fried chicken.
- If available, order your sandwich on a wheat or whole grain bun instead of a white bun.
- Get all of your condiments on the side. Especially mayonnaise or ranch dressing. Both of them are loaded with fat.
- Substitute water instead of soft drinks.If the fast food restaurant you're going to has a low calorie menu, order something off of there.

4. Always try to relax when you are stressed out! Do whatever makes you happy.

5. Get enough sleep. It's recommended that everyone should get at least 8 hours of sleep a night. I will admit, I don't get 8 hours of sleep every night, but I try to a few times a week.

What do you do to stay healthy?

1 comment:

  1. I'll sub the salad for the fries, but I'm absolutely drawing the line at fried chicken.

    Dr C

    ReplyDelete